So my poor little Grace has been sick for the last couple of days. She has a viral infection. Which pretty much means she has a fever and a sore throat. This is the first time she's really been sick and it makes me so sad to see her not acting like her usual bubbly self. Although one good thing about her being sick is all she wants to do is be held and cuddle with me, can't complain about that.
Ok, on with the story... So it was time for Grace to have another dose of her Tylenol, and at this point I could tell she really wasn't feeling well. She wouldn't stop crying, and her eyes were all red, and her head was burning up. So I rushed upstairs to our bathroom. I had my cell phone in my hand because I had just gotten off the phone with Mark while I was walking up the stairs. When I got into the bathroom I put Grace on the counter (don't worry I always have one hand on her) and I opened the drawer to get the medicine out. I set my phone on the counter also, not thinking much about it. I opened the medicine bottle and was about to reach for the syringe for it when in slow motion I see Grace pick up my phone and throw it in the toilet! I shoved my hand in the toilet as fast as I could to try and save it from becoming completely damaged and then when I lift my head back up, I see Grace pouring out all of the medicine all over herself. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I just stood there for a second not sure what I should do first, wipe off my phone or wipe off Grace. I gave my phone a quick dry off and then stripped Grace down and put her the sink to get all the sticky medicine off. And let me tell you, baby medicine is really sticky!
So now Grace is fast asleep in her crib, and thinking back on what happened really gives me a good laugh. As for my phone, it seems to still be working all right. I just have to talk really loud into the phone for anyone to hear me, but I talk loud anyways, so it shouldn't be a problem, right!?
YOU ARE LUCKY your phone is ok! Mine has never been salvagable after water accidents! and as far as teh mess....OH THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD! Its such a flipping whirl wind, but we love it and we do it over and over again. One child never is enough and we wonder why!!!! hahaha. I miss you Stef! I want to see you!
ReplyDeleteLOL. I can just see it all in slow motion. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad that Grace is sick. We missed you today! Call me when Grace is all better! I am going through Delorey withdrawls.
I'm glad you can see the humor in it! But I can't imagine how sad it is to see your little girl sick... It is hard enough for me when Bobby is sick!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good one! Glad you wrote it down. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is Mark. I think the move was calculated. Grace hates her medicine. So she created a distraction by throwing the phone in the toilet and then did away with the medicine that she hates.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant.
WOW, Ya, like Mark said she probably planned the whole thing out. Keeping you on your toes Stef.
ReplyDeleteWow, I laughed as I could vision you telling this story in person. You are so cute Step. I too can't wait to the Peaks park!!! The days are coming to an end :)
ReplyDeleteOh, Thank you for the good laugh :0 Hope grace is feeling well by now. Trey has had a cold of some type too. SOmething is definitely going around. Hope we see you soon.
ReplyDelete