Sunday, June 15, 2008

Straight to the Top





Saturday my good buddy, Blaine, and I decided to hike to the top of one of the mountains behind our house. No trail. No map. We just set out with a goal in the mind. The hike/climb took us about two hours to get to the top, but the reward was worth the trip. We sat at the summit for about a half an hour and talked about how the ascent had been a metaphor for life while we took in the view. The way down only took about 20 minutes because were able to rockslide on the loose rocks.

6 comments:

  1. Way cool.. weve off roaded over there (if offroaded is a word :P ) and weve hiked a little but only dreamed of gettting to the top! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some cool pics man, looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stef! 20 days...I cannot even believe it. I am so excited for you to be a mommy...you are going to be great! Give me a call if you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stef, I just found your blog and it is SO cute! This is Steph Purcell (blond) from the ward :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey just heard the news.. call if you need anything...
    i'll be bring meals over beware...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the baby :) I can't wait to see her! I'm sure she is just perfect and absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete